Sunday, November 30, 2008

'Ze Twilight

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I thought watching the movie would still give me the feeling just as what I’ve felt when I first read the book. That I would be as astounded as I had before, the ecstatic mood it had effect on me that kept me awake ‘til 3 in the morning because I don’t want to sleep until I can finish the whole story. I guess it’s because I kind of had the feeling of watching a movie for the second time and the first time was while I’m reading the book but only through my imagination, so maybe the frenzy effect had quite melted already. I finished reading the 4 series a month ago and I really anticipated in seeing the movie to know how everything I had imagined would look like in the silver screen. And the verdict is, I really enjoyed it as much as I want to, although the sequence of the events were rearranged for the sake of fitting a 500-page story into a 2-hour movie. But that doesn’t mean I am totally disappointed. Not at all. Disappointment is completely foreign in this case. I still had the appreciation for the book, for the not-your-normal kind of love story. It has really captivated the many, the readers and the non-readers. Aside from the sweet moments of Edward and Bella, that compounded its goodness, is the way the story was conceived. On how the events where connected since Twilight until Breaking dawn. Like ‘bow’ to Stephenie Meyer for creating such interesting story, characters and everything in it. The characters were indeed individually interesting and combined altogether made a tale like never before. My friends and I even had the thought that maybe Stephenie was writing ‘her’ own story, that she was Bella because she was really good in creating it and it seems that she had this thing for ‘vampire’ stuffs. Like where in the corner of the world did she dug all what she wrote in the book ‘coz I would probably go there myself so that I could write something as interesting as Twilight. It was really funny hearing the audience reacted to the romantic scenes of Edward and Bella and the part where Bella is going to be a snack for James. It was really sad for me when I got to read all of the series because it means I would no longer be in the ‘world’ where I had been when I’m so preoccupied with the book. I wished that there were more series so probably at this time I would still be reading it. There is till Midnight sun, but they said that it was unfinished so I’m just going to check it out when it’s already finished. Well as of now, I’m waiting for the sequels, again, to see how it would look like on a movie.

3 comments:

glaiglay said...

hai...mgbuhat unta ko ug entry buh bout twilight...pero dghan nman au mo uie nagbuhat...cge lng ilink nlng nko mo...mgbuhat pud ko..hehe

charmj said...

hehe..sorry dai..pag post lng gud..

hannah hernandez said...

.hhmmmm...
nice jud xa.. thou wala nya totally the pafeel yung vibe sa novel pero overall nice jud..

kahit low budget lang xa na movie aus man pud ang effets...

jejej comment sa akong review sa twilight bu.. jejeje tnx

 
Scribble © 2008. Design by Pocket