Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to Ala

Monday, May 4, 2009

Thankful that tech-training will resume next week, I could go to Ala (Isulan, Sultan Kudarat) FINALLY. It is where my mom spent her childhood and it is also where the rest of her family resides. I haven’t been back there for 4 years already and the last time I was there was when my uncle, my mother’s brother, died because of high blood attack and after that a lot of reasons kept me from going there mostly because of school stuff reasons. Every time my mom would go home there, she’ll be bring me back messages from my uncles and aunts that I’d be really dead if I wouldn’t go there anymore. And now that I had the chance, I totally grabbed it.
We left at dawn and I still sleepy. We just rode a van in Matina terminal and arrived at around 8 am already. The temperature’s really really hot I could say. I can’t tell the difference here in Davao but it was really more searing in there. As we got out of the jeepney, my cousins welcomed us with a warm greeting. Boy I was really absent there for quite a time, I noticed many changes and my cousins are already grown up compared to the last time I saw them. The reason why we went home is because it’s my uncle Dodong’s birthday (the one who died 4 years ago) and fiesta. The karaoke machine starts to get really loud and I was waiting for my cousins who just live in Davao too to arrive.
There were many people and also food was abundant. I got to eat-all-I-can because my aunt has a store and they sell halo-halo and batchoy and since it’s not always everyday that I get to eat their ‘tinda’, I can just eat for free (haha). Although the temperature’s scorching hot, it was still fun and that fun would have compounded if our trip to the hot spring happened. Unfortunately it was cancelled because the night before, it rained really hard and expectedly the road to the hot spring is already accident prone.
I was really happy that I get to return there after all these years and though I have been absent for that long, I didn’t feel any unwelcome aura from them and it seems though that I was not able to go there for only just a day, nothing really beats family.

0 comments:

 
Scribble © 2008. Design by Pocket